Product reviews is a critical part of the skincare process. There are various aspects that the product review features are intended to tackle:
- Saving information about a user’s experience with the product
- Sharing information with other users, such that all users can benefit from each others’ experiences.
However, there are also some challenges:
- data privacy, such that no private data is exposed
- prevent review gaming by companies
What I have come up with, is something like this:
- structured fields that need to be filled in, that cover non-subjective areas such as:
- package quality
- skin sensation after applying
- unstructured field for other notes about the product, for free-form thoughts
- Marking usage the product as “Abandoned”, “Emptied”
- Mark future repurchase of the product as “Never”, “If Desperate”, “Always”
Users will also have to update their personal skin information, such as skin type and climate.
Also, because of our small community size, I think that it is better to allow for each user to view each others’ saved product reviews for now, as the number of products far outnumbers the user count.
Do let me know what you think, I will be updating here about changes in the design over the course of the month.